Did you Know ?

Exposure to MOLD spores, even in small amounts, may cause or contribute to the following:

  • itching and/or irritation of the nose, eyes, throat, or skin
  • upper respiratory (sinus infections and/or sinusitis) conditions
  • lower respiratory (asthma, bronchitis, pneumonia) conditions
  • headache
  • fatigue

Frequently Asked Questions

What causes mold to grow?
Mold requires 3 key requirements in order for it to grow:

  1. Moisture
  2. Food Source
  3. The right temperature b/w 55° - 110° F.

This is why wall cavities are a perfect environment for mold growth.

What is the definition of Remediation?
Remediation - The removal and discarding of impurities.

Do all mold problems require professional guidance?
No! The EPA clearly states that a visibly moldy area covering 10 square feet or less can be handled by an individual using appropriate protection (gloves, N95 throw away mask etc…).

At what point should a property owner consult with a remediation/ environmental firm for advice?

  1. If property owner is unable to solve the moisture.
  2. If there are musty odors present and/or visible mold growth covering over 10 square feet.

What is my first step towards solving my moisture and mold problem?
Contacting a professional/certified remediation firm to visit property and perform a thorough evaluation of the property.

How much should I pay to have my property evaluated?
An evaluation should not cost anything. An environmental investigation by a Certified Hygienist or Microbiologist is worthy of billing.

Is mold toxic?
The actual fungi and the mycotoxins the mold spores release can be toxic. Please see EPA & CDC links for more details.

©2007 Level 3 Remediation. All rights reserved.